Three events on Integrated Pest Management will take place in April 1-3, 2014 at the Department of Applied Entomology, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW, Poland: one mini-symposium entitled Opportunities for enhancement of Integrated Pest Management and two workshops:
1. On-farm behaviour of Rhagoletis cerasi, R. cingulata and Drosophila suzukii and its modelling for enhancement of IPM
2. Genetically modified plants and their effect on biodiversity (focusing on the potential effect of new GM trees)
The purpose of the meeting is to promote up-to-date knowledge on Integrated Pest Management.
The symposium will be divided into three sections discussing:
• the possibilities of enhancement of plant protection against pest using different approaches, such as manipulation of insect behaviour,
• induction of plant resistance and implementation of research on functional biodiversity,
• the role of ecological infrastructures, invasive pests and natural enemies.
Workshopswill follow the meeting and will focus in more detail on particular pest species, their behaviour and modeling, and on protection methods using genetically modified plants. reed more »