- classical and molecular methods of plant pathogen identification and taxonomy,
- biodiversity, genetics of fungal population and applied analysis methods,
- occurrence of fungal secondary metabolites, genetic background of their biosynthesis,
- impact of fungal metabolites on plant host cells and physiological processes.
- the detection and the identification of the virus diseases of the economically significant plants (fruit trees-sweet-, sour cherry, blueberry bushes, actinidia, garlic),
- the biological characterization of viruses by biotests,
- the molecular characterization of viruses using the techniques of molecular biology,
- the study of genetic variability among virus plants population,
- the phylogenetic, recombination and selection pressure analyses.
WP 5 team:
Prof. Wojciech Wakuliński
Dr Ewa Mirzwa – Mróz
Prof. Elżbieta Paduch – Cichal